deli.s is a S60 3rd edition FP1 application for sending links easily to http://del.icio.us easily from your handset. No copy and pasting is necessary as the application can get the link from your stored favourites/bookmarks.
- Download and install the installation package.
- You have to set your del.icio.us
login credentials from the settings dialog before being able to use it properly.
- In order to submit a link from your bookmarks, select "Submit Bookmark". Then you can select the bookmark to be sent and you are able to edit the link, description and tags should you want to.
- You can also send a link without an existing bookmark by selecting "Submit URL". The same dialogs for URL, Description etc are given, but this time empty.
- You can access your mobile links easily straight from deli.s by selecting "Your delicious page". It launches the browser with url http://m.delicious.com/yourusername/ (where your username is copied to obvious place)
- This version (0.90) of the application is provided as freeware. No source code is available at the moment. Copyright (C) 2009 Simo Huopio.
- No redistribution or re-packaging is permitted without written authorization from the author.
- Compatibility: Requires a S60 3rd FP1 edition phone. Has been briefly tested by the author on Nokia E71 and N95 8GB.
As the very first public version of an application intended only for personal use, there are a lot of rough edges. Some examples.
- If your login credentials are not correct, you may not get any warning.
- You cannot set Extended Description or tag templates empty
- The settings dialog softkeys works "wrong way": Left soft key selects the value to be edited and OK button saves the settings exiting the dialog.
- If the browser is already running in the background, the "Your delicious page" just brings the browser to foregroiund, without going to the page. (SwEvent capability missing on this self-signed package)